Adult Learn to Swim
It’s never too late to learn how to swim or to improve on your swimming abilities. The Swim School offers a variety of swimming programs specifically designed for adults with little or no swimming experience through to adults with competitive swimming backgrounds. Our experienced swimming instructors take care in planning customised lessons that are fun and challenging.
- A 30 minute lesson designed for adults with little or no swimming experience.
- Classes focus on overcoming fear of the water, gaining water confidence, floating, kicking and breathing techniques.
- A 30 minute lesson for adults who can swim around 10m to 15m of freestyle or backstroke unassisted.
- These lessons focus on development of both freestyle and backstroke with the introduction of breaststroke.
- Classes held Tuesday's from 5.30pm depending on availability.
Depending on the level of the class, lessons are held in either our 25m outdoor pool or 12.5m indoor Learn to Swim pool. Both pools are comfortably heated and have a minimum depth of 1.2m which allows you to stand up and have a rest during lessons.
|Program||Griffith Student/ Member Price||General Public Price|
|10 Week Program||$180.00||$200.00|
|Private Lesson (one on one)||$40.00||$45.00|
|Semi-Private Lesson (two on one)||$50.00||$55.00|
Contact us today on 07 3735 5922 to book an assessment to join Adult Swim Lessons
Adult Group Fitness Options
The Aquatic & Fitness Centre offers a range of Adult Group Fitness Classes both in the pool and on land. View the current Adult Group Class timetable (PDF 373k).
Adult SquadA 90 minute training session designed for adults who can confidently swim all four strokes and want to add a little more structure and challenge to their swimming sessions. These training sessions are taken by a qualified swimming coach and focus on building fitness, endurance and stroke correction through the aid of drills and skills. No bookings required - just turn up!
Working out in the water is great, aqua aerobics works major muscle groups, burns calories and offers all over body toning. We have a classes running on a weekly basis. No bookings required - just turn up!
Group Fitness Class Costs
- $14.00 per class (Class fees are included in the cost of a centre membership)
- $120.00 for a 10 visit pass