Gain a Selection Rank, meet subject prerequisites and get set for university study
This qualification is ideal for adults wishing to commence tertiary study, particularly if some time has elapsed since completing secondary studies. Students are trained in the knowledge and skills needed for successful tertiary study and can acquire necessary prerequisites for specific university programs.
The Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation delivered by TAFE Queensland and a number of private providers is designed to provide a mode of access to tertiary institutions for adult learners, independent of the senior secondary school system.
Eligibility for admission to your preferred degree is determined when you have the Selection rank required for admission and have met any other requirements, such as subject prerequisites.
Completion of the Cert IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation meets the English prerequisite for all Griffith degrees. Information on which modules meet other subject prerequisites can be found on the Prerequisites and Assumed Knowledge page.
Direct admission for TAFE Queensland CATP Graduates
If you have completed the Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (CATP) at TAFE Queensland, you can apply for admission directly to the University for the programs listed. If your preferred degree is not listed you may still apply through QTAC or UAC to have your eligibility assessed.
- Bachelor of Applied Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Child and Family Studies
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication and Journalism
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Creative and Interactive Media
- Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Government and International Relations
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Human Services
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Urban and Environmental Planning