Gain direct admission into the next available intake of an eligible degree
The TAFE Admission Pathway awards TAFE Diploma and Advanced Diploma graduates a competitive Selection Rank and direct admission into a range of Griffith degrees. With TAFE Queensland, Griffith also offers a range of dual TAFE diploma/Griffith degree qualifications.
Graduates of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) advanced diploma or diploma completed at an Australian TAFE Institute are allocated Selection Ranks, as below:
- Completed TAFE AQF Diploma provides a minimum Selection Rank of 87*
- Completed TAFE AQF Advanced Diploma provides a minimum Selection Rank of 92*
*Applicants who complete a graded TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma may receive a higher Selection Rank based on their GPA. Applicants that complete a competency-based TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma may also increase their Rank by sitting the Special Tertiary Admissions Test.
Programs excluded from direct admission
- Bachelor of Acting
- Bachelor of Animation
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Contemporary Australian Indigenous Art
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Dental Health Science
- Bachelor of Dental Prosthetics
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Film and Screen Media Production
- Bachelor of Games Design
- Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Musical Theatre
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced Standing)
- Bachelor of Nursing / Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing / Graduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing (Advanced Standing)
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- All degrees which include Advanced studies
- All stand-alone (1 year) Honours degrees.
TAFE graduates are required to have completed a Visual/Creative Arts-related diploma for guaranteed direct admission into the below programs:
- Bachelor of Fine Art
- Bachelor of Photography
Where a single degree is listed above as excluded from guaranteed direct admission and is part of a Griffith double degree, the exclusion also applies to the double degree.
Dual TAFE diploma/Griffith University degrees
In partnership with TAFE Queensland, Griffith University offers a number of dual qualifications. Dual qualifications provide you with a guaranteed place in the next available intake of the degree and credit transfer from the TAFE diploma, which will save you time in your Griffith degree.
Applicants must first apply for the dual TAFE diploma/Griffith degree through QTAC, listed under TAFE Queensland. Once you have completed the diploma you do not reapply through QTAC, however you will need to submit the TAFE Admission Pathway direct online application.
TAFE graduates wanting to change their bachelor degree
If you want to study a different degree to your original dual qualification, you are still eligible to apply under the TAFE Admission Pathway. Simply check the above direct entry exclusions list and submit the online application. If your preferred degree is excluded, you will need to apply for admission via QTAC.
Credit and recognition of prior learning
When you are accepted into Griffith University, you may apply for credit transfer, which may reduce the time it will take to complete your degree. Use our Credit Precedent Database to find out how your qualifications from TAFE can translate to credit transfer for your Griffith studies.