BCom LLB (1st Class Hons)
(Governor-in-Council member - from October 2017)
The Hon Andrew Fraser is an alumnus of Griffith University and University Medallist who graduated with a Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Commerce (First Class Honours) in 1999.
Mr Fraser is a professional company director and is currently the Chairman of Sunsuper, one of Australia’s fastest growing super funds, with over $70 billion in funds under management. He serves on a range of boards across industries and sectors. Previously, as Head of Strategy and Investment at the National Rugby League (2013-2017), Mr Fraser oversaw corporate strategy and major commercial projects within the NRL business, as well as oversighting the risk function.
Mr Fraser was a Member of Parliament in Queensland from 2004 to 2012. He was the Deputy Premier (2011-2012) and Treasurer (2007-2012), and he also served as the Minister for State Development and Trade (2011-12), Minister for Employment and Economic Development (2009-2011) and the Minister for Local Government, Planning and Sport (2006-2007).
- Chair, Sunsuper
- Director, New Zealand Rugby League
- Director, GPS Advisory Board, Ernst & Young
- Director, Major Projects Advisory Board, Whitsunday Regional Council
- Director, Confederation of Australian Motor Sport Ltd
- Member, Griffith University Council
- Chair, Griffith University Finance, Resources and Risk Committee
- Member, Griffith University Senior Staff Remuneration Committee
- Member, Griffith University Tender Board
- Director, Griffith Enterprise Advisory Board, Griffith University.
- Member, Board of Australian Sports Commission (2012-2014)
- Head of Strategy and Investment at the National Rugby League (2013-2017)
- Director, Moorebank Intermodal Company (2012-2014)
- Director, Rugby League World Cup (2015-2017)
- Director, Titans Rugby League Pty Ltd (2017)
- Chair, Orange Sky Australia
- Director, Hear and Say Centre
- Director, Club 139 Ltd (3rd Space)
- Patron, Sandakan Prisoners of War Friends and Family Association.