Last five (5) years:
To access all publications by Associate Professor Simone Fullagar visit: http://www98.griffith.edu.au/dspace/
- Fullagar, S. in press 2011, Women’s leisure and the gendered politics of health, in Bialeschki, D, Freysinger, V, Henderson K, and Shaw, S Eds, Women, Gender and Leisure, Venture, Stage College, PA.
- Fullagar, S and O’Brien, W, in progress 2011, ' Metaphors of becoming well: Rethinking women’s recovery from depression', Qualitative Health Research (A)
- Fullagar, S. in press 2012, Gendered cultures of slow travel: Women’s cycle touring as alternative hedonism, in Fullagar, S, Markwell, K and Wilson, E (eds). Slow Travel and Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View: Bristol
- Fullagar, S, Wilson, E & Markwell, K. in press 2012, Starting slow: Thinking through slow mobilities and experiences, in Fullagar, S, Markwell, K and Wilson, E (ed). Slow Travel and Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View: Bristol
- Markwell, K, Fullagar, S & Wilson, E, in press 2012, Reflecting upon slow travel and tourism experiences, in Fullagar, S, Markwell, K and Wilson, E (ed). Slow Travel and Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View: Bristol
Refereed journal articles
- O'Brien, W & Fullagar, S 2009, 'Women'srecovery from depression', Social Alternatives, Special issue on mental health, vol. 24 no. 4, pp. 6-13
- Fullagar, S & Harrington, M 2009, 'Negotiating the policy imperative to be healthy: Australian family repertoires of risk, leisure and healthy lifestyles'. Annals of Leisure Research, vol. 30, no.122,, pp. 151-171.
- Fullagar, S 2009, 'Negotiating the neurochemical self: Anti-depressant consumption in women's recovery from depression, Health: An interdisciplinary jounal for the social study of health, illness and medicine, vol.13 no. 3.
- Fullagar, S 2008, 'Sites of somatic subjectivity: E-scaped mental health promotion and the biopolitics of depression', Social Theory and Health.
- Fullagar, S 2008, 'Leisure as a counter-depressant: Emotion-work and emotion-play within women's recovery from depression', Leisure Sciences: An Interdisciplinary Journal, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 35-52.
- Fleming, C & Fullagar, S 2007, 'Reflexive methodologies: Using autoenthography of the gendered performance of sport/management', Annals of Leisure Research, vol. 10, no. 3 & 4, pp. 238-256.
- Fullagar, S, Gilchrist, H & Sullivan, G 2007, 'The construction of youth suicide as a community issue in urban and regional Australia', Australian eJournal for the Advancement of Mental Health, 6, 2, http://www.auseinet.com/journal/vol6iss2/fullagar_abstract.pdf.
- Fullagar, S 2011, 'Travelling with and beyond depression: Women’s narratives of recovery and identity' in D Buhalis & S Darcy (ed), Accessible Tourism: Concepts and issues, Bristol: Channel View.
- Fullagar, S 2009, 'Performing Nature, Nature and Environment Section' in R Kitchen & N Thrift (ed.), International Encyclopaedia of Human Geography, Oxford: Elsevier.
- Fullagar, S 2009, 'Risk, pleasure and the government of active family bodies', in J Wright & V Harwood (ed.), Biopolitics and the 'Obesity Epidemic': Governing bodies, London: Routledge.
- Fullagar, S 2007, 'Governing the healthy family: Leisure and the politics of risk', in M Casado-Diaz, M Everett & J Wilson, (ed.), Social and Cultural Change: Making Spaces, for Leisure and Tourism, Volume 4, Bristol: Leisure Studies Association Publication 99.
- Fullagar, S 2007, 'Ambivalent journeys: The feminist stranger in "Desert Places"', in Pritchard, A Ateljevic and N Morgan, (ed.), Tourism and Gender: Embodiment,Sensuality and Experience, London: CABI.
- Fullagar, S 2011, Where might the path less travelled lead us? World Leisure Journal, 53:1, 15-18. (invited commentary).