Last five (5) years:
To access all publications by Associate Professor Simone Fullagar visit: http://www98.griffith.edu.au/dspace/
Refereed journal articles
- Pavlidis, A and Fullagar, S 2013, 'Narrating the multiplicity of ‘Derby Grrrl’: Exploring intersectionality and the dynamics of affect in roller derby', Leisure Sciences: An Interdisciplinary Journal, vol.35, no.5.
- Fullagar, S, Pavlidis, A, Reid, S and Lloyd, K 2013, 'Living it up in the 'new world city': High-rise development and the promise of liveability', Annals of Leisure Research, vol.16, no.4.
- Harrington, M and Fullagar, S 2013, 'Challenges for active living provision in an era of healthism', Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure & Events, vol.N/A.
- Stadler, R, Reid, S and Fullagar, S 2013, 'An ethnographic exploration of knowledge practices within the Queensland Music Festival', International Journal of Event and Festival Management, vol.4, no.2.
- Fullagar,S and O'Brien, W 2012, 'Problematising the neurochemical subject of anti-depressant treatment: The limits of biomedical responses to women’s emotional distress', Health: An interdisciplinary journal for the social study of health, illness and medicine, vol.n/a.
- Pavlidis, A and Fullagar, S 2012, 'Becoming roller derby grrrls: Exploring the gendered play of affect in mediated sport cultures', International Review for the Sociology of Sport, vol.n/a.
- Fullagar, S and Wilson, E 2012, 'Critical pedagogies: A reflexive approach to knowledge creation in tourism and hospitality studies', Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management, vol.19.
- Fullagar, S and Pavlidis, A 2012, '“It's all about the journey”: women and cycling events', International Journal of Event and Festival Management, vol.3, no.2.
- Fullagar, S and O'Brien, W 2012, 'Immobility, battles, and the journey of feeling alive: Women’s metaphors of self-transformation through depression and recovery', Qualitative Health Research, vol.22, no.8.
- Fullagar, S & Harrington, M 2009, 'Negotiating the policy imperative to be healthy: Australian family repertoires of risk, leisure and healthy lifestyles'. Annals of Leisure Research, vol. 30, no.122,, pp. 151-171.
- Fullagar, S 2009, 'Negotiating the neurochemical self: Anti-depressant consumption in women's recovery from depression, Health: An interdisciplinary jounal for the social study of health, illness and medicine, vol.13 no. 3.
- Fullagar, S 2013, 'Women’s leisure and the gendered politics of health', in Leisure, Women, and Gender, Venture Publishing Inc., United States.
- Fullagar, S 2013, 'Leisure and Health', in Australian Leisure, Pearson, Australia.
- Markwell, K, Fullagar, S and Wilson, E 2012, 'Reflecting upon slow travel and tourism experiences', in Slow Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View, United Kingdom.
- Fullagar, S 2012, 'Gendered cultures of slow travel: Women’s cycle touring as alternative hedonism', in Slow Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View, United Kingdom.
- Fullagar, S, Wilson, E and Markwell, K 2012, 'Starting slow: Thinking through slow mobilities and experiences', in Slow Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View, United Kingdom.
- Fullagar, S 2011, 'Travelling with and beyond depression: Women’s narratives of recovery and identity' in D Buhalis & S Darcy (ed), Accessible Tourism: Concepts and issues, Bristol: Channel View.
- Fullagar, S 2009, 'Performing Nature, Nature and Environment Section' in R Kitchen & N Thrift (ed.), International Encyclopaedia of Human Geography, Oxford: Elsevier.
- Fullagar, S 2009, 'Risk, pleasure and the government of active family bodies', in J Wright & V Harwood (ed.), Biopolitics and the 'Obesity Epidemic': Governing bodies, London: Routledge.
- Fullagar, S, Markwell, K and Wilson, E 2012, Slow Tourism: Experiences and Mobilities, Channel View Publications, United Kingdom.
Non-refereed journal articles
- Fullagar, S 2011, 'Where might the path less travelled lead us?', World Leisure Journal, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 15-18.