QIBT has been located on the Griffith University Mount Gravatt campus since 1997, and offers a range of Diploma programs that consist of courses of a comparable nature conducted by the University in selected Bachelor level programs.
Upon successful completion of the first year, students graduate with a Diploma and are guaranteed* entry into the second year of the relevant Griffith University Bachelor degree program.
QIBT is an accredited higher education provider, which provides eligible students access to the Australian Government loan scheme, FeeHELP to pay tuition fees. QIBT will also open on the Griffith University Gold Coast campus in February 2012. Please contact QIBT for more information.
At QIBT, you will benefit from:
- a guaranteed* pathway to second year university
- university designed programs and university lecturers
- being on-campus at Griffith University
- access to the sports facilities, library and 24-hour computer labs at Griffith University
- smaller classes with longer teaching sessions
- the flexibility of three semesters per year, with three intakes each year - February, June and October
- specialised academic and welfare support
- eligible students are able to access the Australian Government loan scheme, FEE HELP to pay tuition fees.
QIBT can be your alternative pathway to University if:
- you did not achieve the OP or rank you were expecting
- you missed out on a place in the program of your choice, in the QTAC offer rounds
- you want a program that consists of courses of a comparable nature to University selected Bachelor level programs , that will guarantee* you a place in second year
- you want to improve your admissions ranking by undertaking one of our higher education Diplomas
- you want to study at a smaller institute that offers small group teaching and individual attention
- you want to study a range of pre-requisite subjects at QIBT, that is, Math, to satisfy University admission criteria
- you are a mature age student.
The Queensland Institute of Business and Technology also offers a Certificate IV in University Foundation Studies.
[*] QIBT students are guaranteed a place in the related degree program, upon successful completion of the QIBT Diploma, provided that the student’s admission rank is at least the level of the cut-off for admission to the degree in the relevant Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) admissions round. QIBT Diploma Graduates are admitted to the University, via direct entry, and do not need to re-apply through QTAC for their degree place. Australian citizens and permanent residents who successfully complete QIBT’s Diploma of Graphic Design must apply for the Bachelor of Design at Griffith University via the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) and meet the relevant entry criteria. QIBT Diploma Graduates receive 80 credit points of credit into related degrees. During a student’s second or subsequent years of enrolment in the University degree, the student will be required to successfully complete any first year University degree core courses for which credit has not been granted on the basis of the QIBT Diploma.
[#] Some Bachelor degree programs are more than three years duration.
After graduating from high school I didn’t receive a high enough score to get into my degree of choice, so I chose the Diploma at QIBT. After successful completion of the Diploma I qualified for entry to the second year of the Bachelor at Griffith University. QIBT has a friendly atmosphere and study environment, as well as the flexibility of studying over the summer. The Diploma program is equivalent to the first year of the Griffith University degree. When I graduate, I will have earned two qualifications in less than three years - a Diploma and a Bachelor degree! The skills I learnt and the confidence I gained from studying at QIBT have helped me achieve my goal of starting my own business. I am very grateful to the wonderful staff at QIBT and for the inspirational environment they created which set me up for success. The skills I’ve learnt have been invaluable.
Isabel Kemp: Diploma of Design, Diploma of Commerce & Bachelor of Business, Griffith University
For further information on QIBT programs please visit the website.