BA (Hons), MA, PhD (Ecology), CBiol.
Director and Chair, International Centre for Ecotourism Research
Research skills and experience
Field ecologist, 30 years. EIA, environmental management, audit and monitoring, 20 years. Project management, 20 years. Tourism and environment, 15 years.
Environmental impacts of tourism. Monitoring and management of visitors and natural resources in national parks. Environmental guidelines for adventure tourism and recreation. Triple-bottom-line reporting for ecotourism. Ecolabelling in tourism. Effectiveness of education as a minimal-impact management tool.
Current teaching areas
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Ecotourism Field Courses
- Conservation Tourism (2010)
- Adventure Tourism Management (2010)
- Ecotourism: Principles and Practices (2009)
- Adventure Tourism (2006)
- Environmental Impacts of Tourism (2004)
- Nature based Tourism (2004)
- Tourism in Parks (2004)
- Case Studies in Tourism (2003)
- Tourism Ecolabelling (2001)
Current Supervised PhD Projects
Tania Paola Romero Brito (Principal Supervisor)
Agustina Barros (Associate Supervisor)
Alexa Mossaz (Associate Supervisor)
Link to Griffith Research Online