PhD, MEng (Thesis), MSc. Eng (Eng. Mgt), BSc Eng (BUET, Bangladesh)
Senior Lecturer, Griffith School of Engineering
Dr. Rahman’s principal research interests lie in the area of Quality and Reliability, and Engineering management. More specifically, he focuses on the development of the stochastic models of product/asset reliability and maintenance policies, maintenance cost analysis, lifecycle costing, risk analysis, warranty cost modelling and cost benefit analysis of maintenance decisions for high volume infrastructure components and also modelling product or infrastructure quality improvement. He has authored and co-authored over 45 refereed journal and international conference publications and Book Chapters. He is the regular reviewer of many International Journals and PhD Thesis.
Current Teaching Areas
- Project Management
- Project Evaluation and Control
- Resource Planning and Management
- Construction Project Management
- Anisur Rahman, 2013, ‘Maintenance Contract Model for Complex Asset/Equipment’, International Journal of Reliability, Quality, and Safety Engineering, World Scientific, ISSN 0218-5393, (Accepted and in Press).
- Masuda Sultana, Anisur Rahman, and Sanaul Chowdhury, 2013, ‘Performance Based Maintenance of Road Infrastructure by Contracting-A Review’, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 62( 3), pp. 276-292, Emerald.
- Sahin, O., Mohamed, S., Warnken, J. & Rahman, A. 2013, ‘Assessment of Sea Level Rise Adaptation Options: Multiple-Criteria Decision-Making Approach Involving Stakeholders’, Structural Survey, Vol. 31(4), Emerald.
- Anisur Rahman and Azharul Karim, 2013, ‘Application of Lean to Reduce Operational Wastes in Tiles Manufacturing Process’, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Vol. 8(2), pp126-135, Taylor and Francis, ISSN 1750-9653.
- Anisur Rahman and Gopinath Chattopadhyay, 2012, ‘Cost Sharing Lifetime Warranty: Modelling Costs’, Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 29(4), World Scientific Pub.
- Masuda Sultana, Anisur Rahman, and Sanaul Chowdhury, 2012, ‘Performance Based Maintenance of Road Infrastructure by Contracting - A Challenge for Developing Countries’, Journal of Service Science and Management, Vol. 5(2), pp 118-123, ISSN 1940 9907.
- Anisur Rahman & G. Chattopadhyay 2012, ‘Estimation of Rail Failure Parameters for Developing Rail Maintenance Models’, Engineering Asset Management and Infrastructure Sustainability (J Mathews edited), Springer, UK, ISBN 978-0-85729-301-5
- A. Rahman, N. Lyons, D. Turner, and M. Hira, 2012, ‘Integration of Carbon Footprinting into Construction Estimates’, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 7( 11)
- Anisur Rahman, and M.C.Olaya Varon, 2011 ‘Optimising Fuel Supply Chain for Fleet Operations in Large Organisation, International Journal of Energy Science, Vol. 1(1)
- Anisur Rahman & G. Chattopadhyay, 2010, ‘Modelling Total Cost of Ownership of Rail Infrastructure for Outsourcing Maintenance Services, Definition Concepts and Scope of Engineering Asset, Springer, UK, ISBN 978-1-84996-177-6 .
- Anisur Rahman and Gopinath Chattopadhyay, 2010, Modelling Risks to Manufacturer and Buyer for Lifetime Warranty Policies, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Vol. 5(3), pp 203-209, Taylor and Francis.
- Anisur Rahman and Gopinath Chattopadhyay, 2008, Development of lifetime warranty policies and models for estimating costs, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 93(4), Elsevier Ltd., United Kingdom, United States.
- Anisur Rahman & Gopinath Chattopadhyay 2007, Soil Factors Behind Inground Decay of Timber Poles: Testing and Interpretation of Results, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol.22(3), IEEE, United States.
- Anisur Rahman & Gopinath Chattopadhyay 2007, Optimal Service Contract Policies for Outsourcing Maintenance Service of Assets to the Service Providers, International Journal of Reliability and Applications, Vol.8(2), p 183-199, ISSN -1598-0073.
- Rahman, A. and Chattopadhyay, G.N (2006), “Review of Long Term warranty policies”, Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 22(4), p 453-473, World Scientific Pub.
- Chattopadhyay, G.N. and Rahman, A. 2004, “Optimal Maintenance Decisions for Power Supply Timber Poles”, International Journal of Reliability and Applications, Vol 5(4), pp 115-128. ISSN -1598-0073.
- Anisur Rahman & G. Chattopadhyay 2008, Cost Estimation for Maintenance Contracts for Complex Asset/Equipment, in Proceedings of the IEEM 2008, IEEE Engineering Management Society Singapore Chapter, IEEE Singapore, Singapore.
- Anisur Rahman & Chattopadhyay G.N., 2007, Sensitivity of Manufacturer and Buyer’s Risks for Lifetime Warranty Policies, in Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, IEEE, Singapore