B Science (Hons), M Science, PhD
Associate Professor, Griffith School of Engineering
Associate Professor Lemckert has active research interests in the fields of physical limnology, coastal systems, environmental monitoring techniques, environmental fluid dynamics, coastal zone management and engineering education. Along with his postgraduate students and research partners he is undertaking research studies on water treatment pond design (for recycling purposes), the dynamics of drinking water reservoirs, the study of whale migration in South East Queensland Waters, end ocean mixing dynamics. He is also an active member of the CRC Polymer, where he is leading a study on the evaluation of evaporation reduction techniques.
Current teaching areas
- Coastal Zone Management
- Introduction to Marine Science
- Marine & Systems 2
- Brushett, B. A., King, B. and Lemckert, C. J. (2011) Evaluation of met-ocean forecast data effectiveness for tracking drifters deployed during operational oil spill response in Australian waters, Journal of Coastal Research, 64, 991-994.
- Helfer, F., Zhang, H. And Lemckert, C. J. (2011) Modelling of lake mixing induced by air-bubble plumes and the effects on evaporation, Journal of Hydrology, 406, 182-198, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2011.06.020.
- Lee, S. B., Birch, G. F. and Lemckert, C. J. (2011) Field and modelling investigations of fresh-water plume behaviour in response to infrequent high-precipitation events, Sydney Estuary, Australia, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 92 (3), 389-402, doi: 10.1016/j.ecss.2011.01.013.
- Ali, A., Lemckert, C. J. and Dunn, R. J. K. (2010) Salt fluxes in a very shallow sub-tropical estuary, J. Coastal Research, Published on-line, 26 (3), 436-443, doi: 10.2112/08-1118.1.
- Dale, P. E. R, Dale, M. B., Dowe, D. L, Knight, J. M., Lemckert, C. J., Low Choy, D. C., Sheaves, M. J. And Sporne, I. (2010) A conceptual model for integrating physical geography research and coastal wetland management,with an Australian example, Progress in Physical Geography, 2010, doi:10.1177/0309133310369617.
- Benfer, P. N., King, B. A., Lemckert, C. J. and Zigic, S. (2010) Modelling the effect of flow structure selection on residence time in an artificial canal system, ASCE Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 136, 91-96, (2010)DOI: 10.1061/ASCEWW.1943-5460.0000029.
- Dunn, R .J. K., Welsh, D. T., Jordan, M. A., Teasdale, P. R., and Lemckert, C. J. (2009) Influence of natural amphipod (Victoriopisa australiensis) (Chilton, 1923) population densities on benthic metabolism, nutrient fluxes, denitrification and DNRA in sub tropical estuarine sediment, Hydrobiologia, 628, 95-109, DOI 10.1007/s10750-009-9748-2.
- Lemckert, C. J., Zier, J. and Gustafson, J. (2009) Tides in Torres Strait, J. Coastal Research, 56, 524-52.
- Knight, J.M., Dale, P. E. R., Dunn, R. J. K., Broadbent, G. J. and Lemckert, C. J. (2008) Patterns of tidal flooding within a mangrove forest: Coombabah Lake, South East Queensland, Australia. Estuarine and Coastal Shelf Science, 76, 580-593, doi:10.1016/j.ecss.2007.07.044.
- Zigic, S. and Lemckert, C. J. (2007) Development of an interactive computer based learning strategy to assist in teaching water quality modelling, Computers and Education, 49 (4), 1246-1257 doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2006.01.011.
- Dunn, R. J. K., Lemckert, C. J., Teasdale, P. R. and Welsh, D. T. (2007) Distribution of nutrients in surface and sub-surface sediments of Coombabah Lake, southern Moreton Bay (Australia), Marine Pollution Bulletin, 54, 602–625.
- Wu, J., Ametistova, L., Heron, H., Lemckert, C. J. and Kalangi, P. (2006) Finite dispersal of a separative nepheloid plume by internal hydraulic jump in a troipcal mountainous river estuary, Journal of Geophysical Research – Oceans, 111, C11004, doi:10.1029/2005JC003404.
- Lee, S. Y., Dunn, R., Young, R. A., Connolly, R. M., Dale, P. E. R., Dehayr, R., Lemckert, C. J., Mckinnon, S., Powell, B. and Welsh, D. T. (2006) Impact of urbanisation on coastal wetland structure and function, Austral Ecology, 31, 149-163.
- Lemckert, C. J. (2005) Integrated coastal zone management education using an industry affiliates program, World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education, 4 (1), 71-74.
- Zigic, S., King, B. and Lemckert, C. J. (2005) Modelling the flow through a hydraulic structure, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 63 (1-2), 33-41.