Welcome to a website dedicated to supporting current and prospective leaders of academic programs in higher education. This project, funded by the Australian Learning and Teaching Council, includes good practice guides and resources to enhance the quality of program leadership in Australian universities. Program Leaders are defined as those responsible for designing, managing and leading undergraduate and postgraduate whole-of-degree programs.
Program leadership is central to ensuring that the University’s programs of study are of the highest quality.
What you will you find on this website
- About the project: a literature review and comprehensive data on the program leader role and its importance in Australian universities
- Good practice guides for program leaders: evidence-based strategies and ideas for effective program leadership
- Program leaders speak: video vignettes where program leaders discuss strategies for dealing with tricky situations
- Inducting program leaders: modules to adapt for program leader induction workshops in your university
- Senior managers' guide: resources for university leaders and those responsible for supporting and recruiting program leaders
- Professional development resources: links to a wide range of ready-to-use modules, powerpoint presentations and ideas for developing the program leader role
- Project partners: information about the project partners
Program leadership in multicampus universities