Inspire the next generation through learning, and work anywhere in the world
As a primary school teacher you’ll bring the foundations of knowledge to young learners. You’ll understand and positively apply to students from years Prep-7 the key disciplines that underpin the national framework for learning and teaching. With a Griffith Primary Education degree you are held in high regard within the sector and stand to benefit from our strong links with schools and industry partners. These include options to work in public, private and independent schools in Australia and overseas. On graduating, you’re also eligible to register with the Queensland College of Teachers.
Experience through work-integrated learning
Our difference lies in linking theory and practice through work-integrated learning. You’ll develop teaching skills in exciting and varied locations and through an intensive internship, take responsibility for planning, teaching and assessing students in a real school classroom.
Areas of study in our Primary Education programsAs an option to your training as a primary school teacher you may apply to study an award major in third and fourth years provided you meet the academic requirements. The award majors include:
Bachelor of Primary Education program details
- Locations: Gold Coast campus, Logan campus or Mt Gravatt campus
- Duration: 4 years full time equivalent offered over 3.5 years
- Offered in: Semester 1 intake only
- QTAC: From 2016 English (4SA); Maths A, B or C (4SA); plus an Authority Science subject (4SA)
- UAC: From 2016 Any two units of English (Band 4 or higher), Mathematics General 2 or Mathematics or HSC Mathematics Extension 1 or HSC Mathematics Extension 2 (Band 4 or higher) plus any two units of Science (Band 4 or higher)
- International: Refer to the Mt Gravatt, Logan or Gold Coast international students program catalogues for detailed degree information at your preferred campus
- Guaranteed entry with an OP 1-6
How to apply for the Bachelor of Primary Education
Interested in applying for the Bachelor of Primary Education?
- Queensland residents can apply now through QTAC
- New South Wales residents can apply now through UAC to study on the Gold Coast
- International students can apply through Griffith International.
Want to become a primary teacher and already have a degree?The Master of Teaching Primary is designed for graduates from a non-education background and applicants should have a non-teaching Bachelor degree, with a GPA of 4 or above. The program provides professional preparation for teaching in primary school (Prep to Year 6) settings, and includes 90 days of practical experience (of which 30 days is an internship), supported by a mentor teacher. Find out more.
About this video
Courtney enjoys the strong relationship Griffith has with local schools and the community. She loves Griffith’s first-class facilities and the Gold Coast’s spirited social scene.