Our senior and early career researchers lead local, national and international research, assist in the training of Higher Degree Research (HDR) students, and provide expertise to industry and government sectors.
Their research interests and areas of expertise include education systems, curriculum and pedagogy as well as specialist areas in education.
The Griffith Institute for Educational Research (GIER) also conducts research in Indigenous contexts, in leadership; literacy and numeracy; language; and early childhood. More specifically, our researchers are engaged in the following special interest groups (SIGs):
- Aboriginal Education and Research
- Autism and Education
- Education Linguistics
- Educational Praxis, Practice Theory and Action Research
- Leadership for Learning: Theory and Practice
- Literacy, Learning and New Media
- Professional and Vocational Learning and Education
- Science Education
- Sociology of Education
- REACT - Research in Educational, Applied and Contemporary Theatre
- Reforms in Mathematics Education