The Griffith Institute for Educational Research (GIER) is home to more than 250 researchers and research students, making it one of the largest concentrations of university-based education researchers in the country.
The Institute encourages cross-disciplinary and cross-sectoral research with industry and systems that define research in education beyond traditional expectations.
- Aboriginal Education and Research
- Autism and Education
- Education Linguistics
- Educational Praxis, Practice Theory and Action Research
- Leadership for Learning: Theory and Practice
- Literacy, Learning and New Media
- Professional and Vocational Learning and Education
- Science Education
- Sociology of Education
- Special Needs Education
- REACT - Research in Educational, Applied and Contemporary Theatre
- Reforms in Mathematics Education