As an IT student at Griffith you will have access to advanced computing facilities including:
- Specialised visualisation facilities and high-performance computing systems
- Networked laboratories of computers with internet connection, unix servers and workstations
- For multimedia students, access to a specialist multimedia laboratory with modern Macintosh computers and related equipment using industry-standard development tools
You will also have the opportunity to work and study in some of the nation’s leading research centres including:
- The Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems
In the Machine Intelligence and Pattern Analysis Laboratory (Mi-Pal Lab) on Logan campus our students work on research on computer vision, image processing, robotics and, more specifically, the software and intelligence of robots.
- The Centre for Wireless Monitoring and Applications
The Centre creates intelligent electronic and wireless sensor technology solutions and explores the impact of that technology in a wide range of research fields including mining and geophysics, civil infrastructure, telecommunications, alternative power and human activity (biomedical and athlete monitoring).
- The Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre
This science and engineering research centre brings together researchers with expertise in the fundamental theory of materials, materials development, sensing, microelectronic engineering and microtechnology, across the disciplines of physics, chemistry, applied mathematics and engineering.