DipT, B Social Science, B Commerce (Hons) PhD
Lecturer, Griffith Business School
- Political leadership
- Political institutions
- Australian Politics
- International Relations
Current teaching areas
- Political Institutions Government
- Business Relations
Refereed conference papers
- McPhail, M 2007, 'The National Leader and the Janus Factor', Conference on Politics and International Affairs, Athens Institute of Education and Research, Athens, 25-27 June.
- McPhail, M 2005, 'John Howard and Australian Foreign Policy: the East Timor Intervention and the War against Iraq', Australasian Political Science Annual Conference, University of Otago, Dunedin 28-30 September.
- McPhail, M 2004, 'Australia’s Prime Minister: Master of the Politics of Fear', Politics and Emotions International Conference, Bristol, UK, 16-18 April.
- McPhail, M 2002, 'The East Timor Intervention: Foreign policy Success or Failure?', Australasian Political Science Association Annual Conference, 2-4 October, Canberra.
- McPhail, M 2008, 'The National Leader at the Nexus of Domestic and Foreign Affairs: The case for Constant Scanning and Multidimensional Diplomacy', in Y Stivachtis (ed.), Global Affairs in a Turbulent World, Athens Institute for Education and Research, Athens, pp. 187-200.